Song Du Jour:
Pachelbel | Canon in D

Muzicons.com

21 February 2013

Making Choices


“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” ~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Have you ever felt as though you are in a crossroads in your life, and you have to decide the road to take next, and you're unsure as to which way to go?

Taking one path could lead to a series of life-changing events, taking another path could lead to irreparable damage, and remaining stagnant may not even be an option at this point, no matter how much you may want it to be so.

Why do things even have to change? Why can't things, people, situations just stay the same?

I know that our lives are the sum of all the choices we have made in our past, good and bad. I have already paid a hefty price for all the poor choices that I made during my younger years, and now that I am older, and sadly, not much wiser, I am hesitant to make choices of any kind that could alter the course of my future.

I have been living happily in my little world for the last year and a half, and I am not ready for things to change, progress, or move on. I am not yet ready for the bubble to burst.

Please, God, show me a sign. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm going through something similar, cept unfortunately via someone else's choices...time for another coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not faced with such life changing decisions that it seems that you are right now but I thought of your post when I watched a replay of last week's Super Soul Sunday show w/ author and spiritual teacher, don Miguel Ruiz. His book "The Four Agreements" is a simple way to practice the art of living based on our own personal truths. I plan to get the book and thought it may help you too. Looking at the world through our own hearts and putting the rest the lies that we tell ourselves and the unnecessary value that we give to others opinions. I think as a woman this is my biggest challenge.

    Peace and love,
    Rose <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose, I'll definitely take a look at it. Let me know, too, how you like it.

      Delete

Share your grind!